Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Team B - "Boku no sakura"

Again, a request. I'm starting my full stage project after this ^_^v

"Boku no sakura" (My cherry blossoms)
(from Team B 3rd stage "Pajama drive")
Team B (full team)

words: Akimoto Yasushi
music: Kashiwara Nobuhiko
point of view: male
theme: sakura song
original lyrics


listen to Boku no sakura

Tracing again the white lines on the field 1
I have run under the sun
Throughout the days of my youth

Your path goes on straight
The wind that blows for a second
Goes beyond our memories
Carrying dust with it

What was I fighting against
When I said "I don't want to lose to anyone"?

I couldn't reach the goal I was aiming to
So I started walking
You, my seniors who ran before me
And wiped with the back of your hands
The tears you shed on the road to your dreams
The cherry blossoms that watched us go away
When our shadows were long 2
Have fallen, leaving only their branches
They will bloom again next year

When the cheers for the soccer club had died out
I watched the sun set
That summer's loneliness

I was troubled
And I had stopped in front of the curve of my dreams
That time, you patted me on my shoulders
And surpassed me

Your back told me
That every person runs with a different pace

The blue sky was waiting
At the goal I was aiming for
Who will cut the tape at the finish line first
Doesn't really matter
During the graduation season
Wind blows inside my heart
Today's cherry blossoms will go their separate ways
Somewhere, I'm thinking of you

I couldn't reach the goal I was aiming to
So I started walking
You, my seniors who ran before me
And wiped with the back of your hands
The tears you shed on the road to your dreams
Our long shadows

Notes
1 One of the duties of a high school sports club's junior members is to trace the white lines on the field using a cart full of chalk powder.
2 "Long shadows" means late afternoon or sunset, when the sun is low and thus it casts long shadows on the ground. So, it means that the club members practiced for a long time after the school lessons.

Comment
One of AKB's many "sakura songs", school-themed songs set in April, the month when cherry blossoms bloom and school graduations take place.
This time the first-person character, a boy in a school's soccer team, reminisces about his club seniors who have graduated, and whom he is grateful to for teaching him to never give up. A really classic sakura song.
If you like the genre, I plan on having a "sakura special" in late March ^__^

2 comments:

  1. I love most of B3rd stage songs. Do write more about this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support the idea of a "sakura special". ^^

    ReplyDelete