Sunday, January 16, 2011

Team A - "Utsukushiki mono"

As I promised, I will be posting more actively, starting with one Team A song, one Team K song and one Team B song.

Let's start with a relatively recent Team A song, one of my A favourites.

"Utsukushiki mono" (Beautiful thing)
(from Team A 6th stage "Mokugekisha")
Team A (full team)

words: Akimoto Yasushi
music: Ueda Koji
point of view: female
theme: sexy song
original lyrics


listen to Utsukushiki mono on youtube

Sharpen your nails, don't hesitate
Leave traces on my soft skin
I want to feel the pain of being loved
Let me know I am yours

Now I am naked, and rather than being served with kindness
I'd prefer to indulge in the luxury of one night's illusion

A cruel morning will come
For the most beautiful thing in this kingdom
Ah, shall I give you a dream
More expensive than silk, in the black of your eyes?

Bite my ears, don't hold back
Go straight in the midst of a kiss
I want you to be strong enough to make my blood flow
Let me know this is real

It's already the second new moon
Even though my pride has dropped to the floor
My appetite is insatiable
Move your troops forward as you please

The most precious thing in this kingdom
Is to live indulging in depravation
Ah, were I to be ruined I'd be satisfied with accepting it
Love is my fate

A cruel morning will come
For the most beautiful thing in this kingdom
Ah, shall I give you a dream
More expensive than silk, in the black of your eyes?

Who is the most beautiful woman in this kingdom
But me?
Come on, those who know, step forward
I will reward you by having your head

Comment
These are some of the most strongly sexual lyrics AKB has ever put out. The music, the dance, the outfits concur with the lyrics to create a Middle East flavoured, decadent setting. The picture of the powerful queen who just wants to be strongly held and taken at night, allowing her partner to cross the line in sexual play but not forgiving him for getting overboard and forgetting she's actually in control, is extremely vivid.
During the performance, four girls recite the lines of the chorus over the other girls singing it: Haruna for the first chorus, Takamina for the second, Mariko for the third and Acchan for the final, cruel one, as the other girls bow and awe her. It is a very nice touch that makes the lyrics pop up and brings them to life, making the performance of "Utsukushiki mono" look more like a high class musical theatre number than just the performance of a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment